"If I remember correctly, we graduated from HS on March 21, 1960. ...5 days after March 16...the day Philippines was discovered by Magellan in 1521."-Sari

"O.M.G., We are RICH! Silver in the Hair. Gold in the Teeth. Crystals in the Kidneys. Sugar in the
Blood. Lead in the Ass. Iron in the Arteries. And… an inexhaustible supply of Natural Gas.
We never thought we'd accumulate such wealth."







Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mini Reunion at Rockwell Mall, Makati by Esther Lejano

Rockwell an upper end mall in Makati decorated with red balloons for Chinese New Year!!
Gerry Tiongson Osias, Patricia "Bong" Arroyo Staub, Esther Lejano and Celia Arreza Espiritu

"Over the course of an average lifetime you meet a lot of people. Some of them stick with you through thick and thin, some weave through your life and disappear forever. But every once and awhile someone comes along who earns a permanent spot in your heart." ...unknown
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 was a very happy and memorable day for me in the Philippines. I was to meet up with Celia Arreza Espiritu, Patricia "Bong" Arroyo Staub and Gerry Tiongson Osias. I was apprehensive at first because I haven't seen them for 51 years nor even remember talking to them in high school. I said to myself what topic could we possibly talk about.

When I arrived at Via Mare restaurant at Rockwell Mall, I peaked at the glass window and saw Celia and Bong alreay there. I braced myself and walked in to meet them and when they saw me, we hugged and kissed on the cheek. Celia let me sit between her and Bong. Instantly, we were talking and remembering our high school days. All my apprehensions were totally gone. And then, 10 minutes later Gerry came and joined the fun. We talked about almost everything from high school days, to family matters, career, jobs, our exs loves, other classmates, etc. etc. etc. Celia brought with her a scrap book that she compiled from freshman year to senior year. It's so antique that it's falling apart but so awesome looking at those yesteryear photos, even the colour is already brown.


We ordered lunch....really good Pilipino food....we shared some dishes because one order is more than enough for one person. We had ginatang halo-halo and puto bongbong for dessert....uhmmm yummy. Celia picked the tab kase as Gerry said "si Celia and pinakamayaman dito sa amin" kaya hindi na ako nakipagunahan sa kanila. We got carried away gabbing and having fun that we were told by the waiter it's time for the next shift. Before we parted, Bong gave me three books she wrote, namely: "The Science of Philippine Foods", "Additional Information on the Science of Philippine Foods" and "Cooking Filipino Food in Germany" which she co-wrote with Heinz, her poging husband.


Celia gave me a box filled with mamons from the most exclusive bakery...ay naku ito na ang pinakamasarap na mamon nakain ko. Gerry left first for she had to go back to work...Gerry thank you very much for taking time off from your busy schedule to join our mini-reunion. Celia, Bong and Gerry, it was great and wonderful seeing all of you....thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment