"If I remember correctly, we graduated from HS on March 21, 1960. ...5 days after March 16...the day Philippines was discovered by Magellan in 1521."-Sari

"O.M.G., We are RICH! Silver in the Hair. Gold in the Teeth. Crystals in the Kidneys. Sugar in the
Blood. Lead in the Ass. Iron in the Arteries. And… an inexhaustible supply of Natural Gas.
We never thought we'd accumulate such wealth."







Thursday, March 3, 2011

51st REUNION-CLASS 1960 W/ TESSIE M.

"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life--to be each other in silent unspeakable memories."-George Eliot Photo with Tessie and Romy with their apos from left Alex, Geli, Lea and Gabe Dear Classmates, "Happy 51st reunion to us all!"
Here's my March 2010 - Feb. 2011 year in review for our blog reunion. After we returned to Bartlett, it was back to reality. Had a very low key 66th Birthday celebration. I can't believe I have been retired for 8 years - parang kahapon lang. The opportunity for an early retirement was so enticing to pass up. Any regrets? un peu perhaps; if I had worked longer mas marami sanang barya sa bulsa, but who wants to lug those around- mabigat. Can't remember much about last winter after the reunion except it was cold too, and that we were making happy plans for May. Spring was for gardening and yard work. Often times, it was a chore and set me back some serious dollars but was rewarding on many levels; being out there in the sun and outdoors after being cooped up; seeing those blooms and greens before the "guests" happily dine on them without invitations and the benefit of exercise as I dug, watered and pulled weeds. May - mini reunion with all my siblings as we celebrated the marriage of our youngest sister. Summer saw us enjoying the days spent with my daughter and family from Dubai, the 4th of July festivities so the apos know all about it when they return for good. I saw Puri and her beautiful family at their family reunion in Chicago. Fall - more yard work in the background of gorgeous reds/yellows/and oranges. Halloween, Turkey day--- simple pleasures. B-r-r-r , what can I say especially after the recent snow storm that made news, but the pristine white newly fallen snow on vegetation and on the ground is beautiful to see from the back door making me more appreciative of the 4 seasons.


The Holidays - the joyful rush of Christmas Tide - shopping, decorating, listening to those CDs once a year, cooking, Simbang Gabi and the merriment of the grandkids as they open their gift; the precious time spent with my loved ones.

I continue to enjoy the activities and camaraderie of the Garden Club and the short hours I give to the Library tho I have skipped now and then. Books, magazines and DVDs keep me up late at night. Perhaps I should add something more like - learn how to knit, prepare the many recipes I have cut out para maiba naman ang ulam or visit Costco and the malls more (heh, heh, heh). Health wise, over all I think I weathered the past year pretty well. In the midst of all these, I found time to send short, few and sweet e-mails (hah-hah-hah). I looked forward to the lively exchanges, the pictures from the Canadian beauties, stories from Ebb and Puri, a few chats with Renita, birthday announcements from Sari and the ensuing greetings, the forwards that made me laugh, that made me pause and reflect , that made me sad. I delighted in sending this to you, pray join the reunion if only through cyber space.

No comments:

Post a Comment