"If I remember correctly, we graduated from HS on March 21, 1960. ...5 days after March 16...the day Philippines was discovered by Magellan in 1521."-Sari

"O.M.G., We are RICH! Silver in the Hair. Gold in the Teeth. Crystals in the Kidneys. Sugar in the
Blood. Lead in the Ass. Iron in the Arteries. And… an inexhaustible supply of Natural Gas.
We never thought we'd accumulate such wealth."







Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A FRUITFUL GOLDEN ROAD

As I get older the days go faster. I wonder why? Already February? Unbelievable! Although I am pretty much busy…..I haven’t done as much as planned.
There is no new press release for our blog. I am hesitant to post because you might get bored that it’s me again. I know many of you are scared to share about yourselves. It takes lots of guts to give yourselves away.
Although there were many changes in my life over the years, there’s no change in my craving for tropical fruits. When I was younger, my grandma & mother sounded like a recording….."Eat fruits & vegetables everyday. You’ll be healthy & have long life." Vegetables! Yuck! But fruits….siempre…mas masarap at matamis.
I’d like to share some colorful & fruity photos when I traveled along the Golden Road last 2010. What a fruitful year! Hopefully this year 2011 will also be fruitful for all of us. Enjoy looking at these colorful fruits.

TAGAYTAY, PHILIPPINES
POSING WITH MY COUSINS BESIDE A GIGANTIC PINEAPPLE SCULPTURES. LOVELY TO BEHOLD BUT FORBIDDEN TO EAT (MADE OF STONE).


PHOTO#2: ASSORTED COLORFUL MELONS AT ROBINSON'S ERMITA,MANILA. AFTER I TOOK THIS PHOTO, SOMEONE WARNED ME THAT IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE PHOTOS INSIDE THE SUPERMARKET. I HAD NO IDEA WHY BAWAL?
PUERTO PRINCESSA, PALAWAN
NICE DISPLAY OF KASUYS AND MANGOES AT THE BADJAO RESTO. VERY PRETTY LIKE PRINCESSAS.










RIGHT: ALLEGRE RESORT, SAGUD, CEBU
HAVEN”T SEEN A REAL LANKKA TREE FOR YEARS. THIS WAS EXCITING!




HO CHI MINH, VIETNAM. ENJOYED VENTURING INTO THIS COLORFUL VIETNAMESE FRUIT MARKET






RIGHT PHOTO: NHA TRANG, VIETNAM.
COLORFUL AND SWEET PAPAYAS!
MY FAVORITE FRUIT. GOOD FOR DIGESTIVE SYSTEM.





MANZANILLO, MEXICO-FRUIT STAND
BALIMBING, GUYABANO & PINAS





(MANZANILLO,MEXICO -FRUIT STAND- DECEMBER 2010)
EBB W/ AMONG ABUNDANT GOOD LOOKING BANANAS & LANGKAS
Looking at all this colorful topical fruits makes me in the mood to make my favorite fruit salad. Of course I will not be using fresh fruits but cans of Del Monte fruit cocktails, condensed milk & nestle cream. I will add some shredded fresh coconuts and surely…….yummy…yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment